Black women often joke about how much time and money they spend at the beauty salon. Another problem is that frequent relaxation treatments and heat styling can damage hair. This makes hair even harder to maintain. Actually, there are many low-maintenance black women natural hairstyles that look hot and don’t require that much attention. To save money and time, consider these low-maintenance hairstyle tips for black ladies.
Five Black Women Natural Hairstyles That Don’t Require A Lot Of Work
Busy moms, working women, and all black women who don’t have the time, money, or patience to spend hours at the beauty salon every week might consider these low-maintenance, natural styles:
1. Cornrows: This classic hairstyle may indeed require a visit to the hairstylist or at least, from a talented friend or relative. At the same time, proper cornrows should stay in place for weeks between needing any maintenance. Cornrows offer a dramatic and classic option that helps keep your hair under control.
2. Braids: You can choose between one, two, or even multiple braids for your hair. These are easier to do than cornrows, so you may even be able to braid your own hair. Tight braids can last for several days, and you won’t have to keep exposing your hair to harsh treatment. Braids can offer even older women a more youthful and fun appearance.
3. Pineapple updo: This style is a bit more complex to achieve, but you can just smooth out natural hair and use bobby pins to fix these curls to the top of your head. This style also provides you with a great way to sleep without messing up your style.
4. Sengalese twists: This is a good option for women who want a smooth look but don’t want to keep relaxing their hair with chemicals. A popular way to accent this style is with braid clips that look like beads that are strung through hair. Queen Bey made this look popular on a recent world tour.
5. High buns: Like cornrows and braids, there’s nothing really new about buns. However, if you can pile your hair on top of your head in a high bun, you can take a break from having to relax it or even using heat to style it. You can sleep in a high bun, and you should be able to enjoy this style for several days between having to redo it.
Why Try Natural Hairstyles For Black Women?
Most women are eager to find ways to save time and money. This includes working women, mothers, and every busy woman on the planet. Of course, the added benefit is that these natural hairstyles can also help protect hair from frequent heat or chemical treatments. That’s why these natural hairstyles are sometimes called protective hairstyles.
Natural hairstyles are always in style, so there’s no reason not to try them. They offer you a great way to look your best, keep your hair health healthy, and save money and time.