Looking for an easy, stylish hairstyle that will turn heads? Get ready to master 8 attractive messy bun hairstyles with these step-by-step tutorials.
Whether you’re going for a classic look or a boho chic vibe, these hair tutorials have got you covered.
From crown braids to fishtail braids, each hair style adds a touch of elegance to your messy bun.
So grab your hair ties and get ready to rock these effortlessly beautiful hairstyles!
Classic Messy Bun Styles
Create a perfect messy bun by gathering your hair at the crown of your head and securing it with an elastic band. This versatile hairstyle is perfect for any occasion when you want to look effortlessly chic.
To begin, brush your hair to remove any tangles and smooth out any frizz. Then, using your fingers, gather your hair at the top of your head. Don’t worry about making it too neat; the beauty of a messy bun lies in its imperfections. Secure the gathered hair with an elastic band, making sure it’s tight enough to hold but not too tight to cause discomfort.
Next, take small sections of your hair and wrap them around the base of the bun, securing them with bobby pins. This adds texture and dimension to the hairstyle. If you have any loose strands, don’t worry! Simply tuck them into the bun using bobby pins or hair ties.
To keep your messy bun in place, spritz some hairspray all over, ensuring it holds throughout the day.
Elegant Low Messy Bun
To achieve an elegant messy bun, start by gently brushing your curly hair to remove any tangles and create a smooth base. This will ensure that your bun looks polished and put together. Once your hair is detangled, gather it at the nape of your neck and secure it with a hair tie. Make sure to leave a few strands loose at the front to frame your face and add a soft touch to the overall look.
Next, twist the curly ponytail into a loose bun, making sure to keep the messy element intact. You can use bobby pins to secure the bun in place, but don’t worry about it being perfect – the goal is to create a relaxed and effortless style. If you want to add some extra elegance, you can wrap a small section of hair around the base of the bun to hide the hair tie.
To complete the elegant low messy bun, gently tug on the bun and the loose strands to create a more voluminous and textured look. Finish off with some hairspray to keep everything in place throughout the day.
This hairstyle is perfect for any occasion, whether it’s a formal event or a casual day out. Embrace the messy bun trend and rock this elegant low style with confidence!
Messy Bun With Braided Detail
For a chic and effortless look, try adding a subtle braided detail to your messy bun. This trendy hairstyle is perfect for those days when you want to look put-together without putting in too much effort.
To achieve this look, start by creating a messy bun. Gather your hair into a high ponytail and secure it with an elastic band. Then, twist the ponytail around itself to form a bun and secure it with bobby pins.
Next, take a small section of hair from the front and braid it. Once you have braided the section, wrap it around the base of the bun, tucking the ends underneath and securing it with bobby pins. This braided detail adds a touch of elegance to the messy bun and gives your hairstyle a unique twist.
To complete the look, gently pull on the braid and the bun to loosen them up, creating a more relaxed and effortless vibe. This messy bun with a braided detail is a versatile hairstyle that can be worn for any occasion, whether it’s a casual day out or a special event.
Boho Chic Messy Bun Hack
Achieve a boho chic look with a messy bun hairstyle that exudes effortless style and charm. To create this trendy and attractive hairstyle, follow this simple step-by-step tutorial:
- Loose Waves: Start by adding loose waves to your hair for a relaxed and bohemian vibe. Use a curling iron or opt for braiding your hair overnight for a more natural look. The texture will add dimension and volume to your messy bun.
- Tease and Twist: Gently tease the crown of your head to create some height and volume. Then, gather your hair into a low ponytail and twist it loosely, securing it with a hair tie. Don’t worry about perfection—this style looks best when it’s slightly messy.
- Face-Framing Strands: Pull out a few face-framing strands to soften the look and add a touch of romance. This will give your messy bun a more effortless and boho feel.
- Accessorize: To enhance the boho chic vibe of your messy bun, consider adding some accessories like floral hairpins, a headband, or a scarf. Choose pieces that complement your outfit and add a pop of color or texture to your hairstyle.
With these easy steps, you can effortlessly rock a boho chic messy bun that’s both attractive and on-trend. So go ahead and keep your bad hair days away and embrace your inner free spirit with this stylish hairstyle.
Half-up Messy Bun
Create a trendy and attractive half-up messy bun by following these simple steps. Whether you have curly or straight dry hair, this hairstyle is perfect for any special occasion.
To begin, gather the top section of your hair and secure it with a hair elastic, leaving the rest of your hair down.
Next, twist the ponytail into a loose bun at the crown of your head. Don’t worry about making it perfect – the messier, the better!
Use bobby pins to secure the bun in place, making sure to leave some loose strands for a relaxed look.
For added volume, gently pull on the sides of the bun to create a fuller appearance.
To keep your half-up messy bun in place all day, spritz it with some hair spray.
Finally, add some hairpins and hair styling products of your choice to secure any loose pieces and give your bun a polished finish.
With these easy steps, you’ll have a gorgeous half-up messy bun that will turn heads at any event.
Messy Bun for Short Hair
To continue with the discussion on creating attractive messy bun hairstyles, now let’s explore how to style a bun for short hair. Short hair may seem challenging to work with when it comes to creating a messy bun, but with the right techniques, you can achieve a stylish and effortless look.
Here are some tips to help you rock a messy bun with short hair:
- Use bobby pins strategically: Since short hair may not be long enough to wrap into a traditional messy bun, use bobby pins to secure smaller pieces of hair for a tousled effect.
- Tease your hair: Gently backcomb the top section of your hair to add volume and texture before pulling it back into a messy bun. This will give your bun a fuller and more voluminous appearance.
- Play with hair bands: Experiment with different types of hair bands, such as scrunchies or elastic bands, to add a pop of color or texture to your messy bun. This can elevate your hairstyle and make it more visually appealing.
- Watch video tutorials: Check out online video tutorials specifically designed for short hair messy bun techniques. These tutorials will provide you with step-by-step instructions and visual guidance, making it easier for you to recreate the hairstyle.
With these tips and tricks, you can rock a messy bun even with short hair. Don’t be afraid to experiment and find the style that suits you best.
Messy Bun With Twisted Sections
For a trendy and chic messy bun hairstyle, try incorporating twisted sections into your look. This style adds an interesting twist to the classic messy bun, giving it a unique and sophisticated touch.
To achieve this look, start by gathering your hair into a high ponytail and securing it with an elastic band. Take a small section of hair from the ponytail and twist it tightly. Wrap the twisted section around the base of the ponytail, securing it with bobby pins. Repeat this process with other sections of hair, twisting them and wrapping them around the base of the bun until all hair is incorporated.
This messy bun tutorial is perfect for those with longer hair who want to add some texture and dimension to their hairstyle. It’s a versatile look that can be worn for both casual and formal occasions, making it a go-to hairstyle for all hair types for any event.
Messy Bun With Accessory
To add an extra touch of style to your messy bun, consider incorporating an accessory. Here are four hair accessories that can elevate your messy bun hairstyle:
- Floral Hair Pins: Adding a few delicate floral hair pins to your messy bun can instantly create a romantic and feminine look. These accessories are perfect for special occasions or when you want to add a touch of elegance to your everyday style.
- Sparkly Headband: For a glamorous twist on the classic messy bun, try adding a sparkly headband. This accessory won’t only keep your hair in place but also add a touch of sparkle and sophistication to your hairstyle.
- Scarf Wrap: If you want to achieve a boho-chic look, try wrapping a colorful scarf around your messy bun. This accessory adds a pop of color and can instantly elevate your hairstyle, making it perfect for a casual day out or a beach vacation.
- Statement Hair Clip: For a bold and trendy look, opt for a statement hair clip to adorn your messy bun. Whether it’s a pearl-embellished clip or a metallic barrette, this accessory will instantly make your messy bun stand out and turn heads wherever you go.
Frequently Asked Questions for Attractive Messy Bun Hairstyles
Can I Achieve a Messy Bun Hairstyle With Short Hair?
Yes, you can definitely do a messy bun hairstyle with short hair! Don’t worry about the length, as messy buns work well with shorter hair too.
Simply gather your hair at the crown of your head and secure it with an elastic. Then, twist and wrap the hair around the base to create a messy bun.
Use bobby pins to secure any loose strands and voila! You’ve got yourself a stylish messy bun with short hair.
How Can I Add a Boho Chic Touch to My Messy Bun?
To add a boho chic touch to your messy bun, start by teasing your hair at the crown for some volume.
Then, loosely gather your hair into a high ponytail and twist it into a messy bun.
Instead of securing it with a regular hair tie, use a colorful scarf or a floral headband to wrap around the bun.
This will give it a bohemian flair and make it look effortlessly stylish.
What Kind of Accessory Can I Use to Enhance My Messy Bun?
To enhance your messy bun, consider adding a stylish hair accessory. It can instantly elevate your look and add a touch of glamour.
A simple flower crown can give your bun a boho chic vibe, while a sparkly hair clip can make it more elegant and sophisticated.
Don’t be afraid to experiment with different accessories to find the one that suits your style and enhances your messy bun beautifully.
Is It Possible to Create a Messy Bun With Braided Details?
Yes, it’s possible to create a messy bun with braided details.
Braids can add an extra touch of elegance and uniqueness to your messy bun hairstyle.
They can be incorporated into different sections of your hair, such as the sides or the back, to create a beautiful and bohemian look.
Braided details can also help to keep your messy bun in place and prevent it from unraveling throughout the day.
How Can I Incorporate Twisted Sections Into My Messy Bun Hairstyle?
To incorporate twisted sections into your messy bun hairstyle, start by dividing your straight hair into two sections. Take one section and twist it tightly, then wrap it around the base of your bun. Repeat with the other section.
This will add a stylish and elegant touch to your messy bun. Don’t worry about perfection—embrace the natural and effortless look.
With these twisted sections, your messy bun will turn heads and make you feel confident and beautiful.
So there you have it, 8 stunning messy bun hairstyles to try out! Whether you’re going for a classic look, an elegant low bun, or a boho chic style, these tutorials have got you covered.
And don’t worry if you have short hair, because there’s a messy bun for you too! So go ahead and add some flair to your hair with these easy and stylish messy bun hairstyles.
Get ready to rock that messy bun and turn heads wherever you go!