I gotta admit, I’m a total mess when it comes to straight hair. But you know what they say – practice makes perfect! If you’re like me and struggle with getting your bun just right, then this messy bun how-to article is for you.
We’ll be diving into some easy tutorials on messy bun hairstyles that will have you looking effortlessly chic in no time. So grab your bobby pins, a soft brush, or a fine-tooth comb, and let’s get started on mastering those messy buns!
Classic Messy Bun Hairstyles Tutorial
To achieve a classic messy bun look, first, make sure your hair is dry and free of tangles. If needed, use some dry shampoo to add texture and volume to your locks.
Then start by pulling your loose hair into a high ponytail and then twist it into a loose bun. This is a simple and easy method to create an effortless hairstyle that looks chic and stylish.
Next, take a comb and gently tease the hair in your ponytail to create more volume. This will give your messy bun a fuller appearance. Once you’ve achieved the desired volume, gather all of your hair at the crown of your head, making sure there are no loose strands.
Then, twist the ponytail around itself to form a loose bun shape. Use bobby pins or some light-weight mousse to secure the bun in place, making sure it feels comfortable but secure on top of your head. Feel free to loosen up some strands for that effortlessly messy look.
Low Messy Bun with Curls
This list of steps on how to do a messy bun is perfect for those days when you want a chic yet effortless hairstyle. Follow these simple steps to achieve the look.
Start by gathering all your hair at the nape of your neck and securing it with an elastic band.
Second, divide your hair into two sections – top and bottom. Take the top section and twist it into a loose knot, securing it with bobby pins.
Next, take the bottom section and wrap it around the twisted knot, creating a messy bun. Secure any loose strands with bobby pins to keep everything in place.
For added style, you can tug on the sides of the bun to create more volume and texture. Don’t worry about making it too neat; the key to a messy bun is embracing a relaxed and undone look.
To finish off this casual bun hairstyle, gently pull out some face-framing strands for an effortlessly chic vibe. Use hairspray to hold everything in place if desired.
Now you’re ready to rock this low messy bun! It’s a quick and easy way to elevate your everyday look while keeping your hair secure throughout the day.
Messy Bun With Braids – Easy Guide
Get ready to add a stylish twist to your regular bun with braids – it’s easier than you think! Messy bun hairstyles are all the rage right now, and incorporating braids into them adds an extra level of charm and elegance.
Here’s an easy guide on how to achieve a messy bun with braids:
- Start by gathering your hair into a high ponytail using a hair elastic. Make sure it is secure but not too tight.
- Take two small strands of hair from the front section and braid them individually. Secure each braid with a small clear elastic at the end.
- Now, take one braid and wrap it around the base of your ponytail, securing it with bobby pins as you go along. Repeat this step with the second braid but in the opposite direction.
To complete the look, take a few loose strands of hair from your ponytail and create a simple three-strand braid, or twist them into a loop of hair before securing it with bobby pins.
And there you have it – a messy bun with beautiful braided accents! It’s effortlessly chic and perfect for any occasion. So go ahead, give this easy tutorial a try, and enjoy rocking your stylish messy bun with braids!
Effortless Messy Bun for Short Hair
Achieving an effortless messy bun with braids is a great way to style your short hair. As someone who loves experimenting with different messy bun hairstyles, I have found that this casual two-tier top knot is perfect for those lazy-day styles or when you want to try an alternative look. With just a few easy tutorials and the right techniques, you can achieve this messy bun method in no time.
To help you get started on your journey to the perfect messy bun, here are some key tips and tricks:
With these simple steps and helpful tips, you’ll be able to create an effortlessly chic messy bun that will elevate your short hair game. So go ahead, give it a try, and rock that stylish yet relaxed look!
Messy Bun for Long Hair – Quick and Simple
With just a few simple steps, you can effortlessly create a quick and stylish messy bun for long hair.
As someone who loves to try out new messy bun hairstyles, I’ve found that these classy styles are not only trendy but also practical for those busy days when you don’t have much time to spend on your hair.
Here’s how I achieve the perfect messy bun:
- Prepare your hair: Start by brushing your hair thoroughly to remove any tangles or knots. This will make it easier to work with.
- Gather your hair: Gather all of your hair at the crown of your head and secure it with an elastic band. Make sure not to pull too tight, as this could cause damage to your strands.
- Create the messy look: Once you have secured your ponytail, gently tug at the hair near the roots to create some volume. You can also use a comb or brush to tease the ends of your ponytail for added texture.
By following these simple steps, you can achieve a quick and stylish messy bun hairstyle for women that is perfect for long hair.
Messy Bun for Thick Hair – How to Nail It
Once you’ve mastered the art of creating a messy bun style for long hair, nailing it with thick hair is all about adjusting the technique to accommodate your luscious locks. As someone with thick and curly hair, I understand the struggles of trying to achieve perfect messy bun hairstyles. But fear not, there are easy tutorials out there that can help you nail it every time.
Thick hair can be a bit tricky to work with when attempting a messy bun. The key is to start by gathering your hair into a high ponytail, and securing it with an elastic band. Then, instead of wrapping all of your hair around the base, divide it into smaller sections and wrap them individually. This will prevent any bulky bumps from forming and give you a more polished look.
To tame any flyaways or frizz, use a small amount of hair gel or another suitable hair care product before starting. This will help keep your strands in place throughout the day. Additionally, consider using bobby pins strategically to secure any loose pieces of hair that may escape from your bun.
Chic Messy Bun With a Twist
Don’t be afraid to add a little flair to your messy bun by incorporating a chic twist. It’s the perfect choice for women to elevate their everyday bun hair into a stylish statement. With just a few bobby pins and some creativity, you can achieve an effortless style that will turn heads wherever you go.
- Start with dry shampoo preps: Before styling your messy bun, make sure your hair is prepped with dry shampoo to add texture and grip.
- Create the knot bun hairstyle: Gather your hair into a high ponytail and secure it with an elastic band. Then twist the ponytail around itself to create a knot shape, securing it in place with bobby pins.
- Add the chic twist: Take two small sections of hair from the front of your head and twist them towards the back. Secure these twists at the base of your bun using bobby pins, creating an elegant detail.
With these easy steps, you can effortlessly transform your messy bun into a chic masterpiece. So go ahead and embrace the power of a simple twist – it’s time to rock that stunning messy bun hairstyle!
Messy Bun With Bangs – Styling Tips and Tricks
After mastering the chic messy bun with a twist, it’s time to level up your hairstyle game with a messy bun with bangs. This trendy look adds an extra touch of charm and elegance to your overall appearance. Not only does it give you a stylish edge, but it also keeps your hair away from your face, ensuring maximum comfort and safety.
To achieve the perfect messy bun with bangs, here are some styling tips and tricks:
- Start by creating volume in your hair: Use a teasing comb or brush to gently backcomb the crown area of your hair. This will add height and fullness to your bun.
- Gather all your hair into a high ponytail: Secure it with a hair tie that matches your hair color.
- Twist the ponytail around its base: Wrap it loosely for an effortlessly messy look.
- Secure the bun in place: Use bobby pins to anchor the ends of your hair discreetly underneath the bun, ensuring it stays put throughout the day.
Now, let’s take a moment to explore different messy bun hairstyles through this emotional table below:
Boho Messy Bun – Get the Look
To achieve a boho messy bun, start by sectioning off your hair and loosely twisting it into a bun shape, securing it with bobby pins. Here are three easy messy bun hairstyles tutorials to help you get the look:
- The Effortless Twist: Start with slightly damp hair and apply some texturizing spray for added grip. Then, divide your hair into two sections – top and bottom. Take the top section and twist it loosely towards the back of your head, securing it with bobby pins as you go. Repeat the same with the bottom section, intertwining it with the first twist for a natural boho vibe.
- The Braided Boho: Begin by creating two small braids on each side of your head, starting from the front and working towards the back. Once you have both braids, gather all your hair at the nape of your neck and create a messy bun by wrapping the remaining hair around itself. Secure everything in place with bobby pins.
- The Scarf Wrap: For an extra boho touch, grab a colorful scarf or bandana that matches your outfit or mood. Fold it into a thin strip and tie it around your head like a headband before styling your messy bun as usual.
With these simple tutorials, you can effortlessly rock a boho messy bun hairstyle that is chic yet safe for everyday wear!
Frequently Asked Questions
What Products Should I Use to Achieve a Messy Bun Hairstyle?
To achieve a messy bun hairstyle, I use dry shampoo for texture and grip, a hair tie to secure the bun, and bobby pins to hold any loose strands. These products help create a stylish and effortless look.
How Long Does It Typically Take to Create a Messy Bun?
It typically takes me around 5-10 minutes to create a messy bun. I find it quick and easy to achieve this hairstyle, especially when I use the right products and techniques.
Can a Messy Bun Be Worn for Formal Events or Is It More Casual?
A messy bun can be worn for both formal events and casual occasions. It adds a touch of effortless elegance to any outfit. However, make sure it is well-secured to avoid any accidents during the event.
Are There Any Specific Hair Types or Textures That Work Best for a Messy Bun?
There’s no one-size-fits-all answer to this question. Different hair types and textures can all work for a messy bun, it just takes a little experimentation to find what works best for you.
Can a Messy Bun Be Achieved on Freshly Washed Hair or Is It Better to Have Some Texture or Day-Old Hair?
I find that a messy bun is easier to achieve on day-old hair because it has more texture and holds better. However, if you have freshly washed hair, you can use some texturizing products to add grip and create a messy bun.
In conclusion, messy bun hairstyles are a versatile and effortless way to add style to your look.
While some may argue that messy buns can appear unkempt or sloppy, it’s important to remember that the beauty of this hairstyle lies in its relaxed and carefree nature.
Imagine yourself rocking a chic messy bun, with loose tendrils framing your face, giving off an effortlessly cool vibe.
Embrace the messiness and let your hair do the talking – you’ll be turning heads wherever you go!